Preparing for your Massage
We look forward to welcoming you for your therapeutic massage at Harmony. Here are a few quick tips that will allow you to get the most of each massage with us.
- Food & DrinkBe sure to drink plenty of water both before and after your massage.
The massage will release lactic acid and other waste products from your muscles and hydration will help flush them from your system. And if you hydrate so well you need to take a potty break in the middle of the massage (especially our pregnant mamas), it’s no problem.
You will be most comfortable if you do not eat a meal right before the massage.
- Time To RelaxPlan to arrive early. If you are rushing, your stress hormones will be elevated and muscles tighter than usual, so you will lose some of your massage time just getting back to baseline, rather than getting the maximum benefit from your treatment.
- First Time (Back)If it is your first massage at Harmony, or your first time back postpartum, be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early. We will have an intake form for you to complete so your therapist can be sure she knows of any important things about your health, especially for our pregnant and postpartum mamas.
If this will be your first visit to Harmony, PLEASE see our Location & Hours page to help you find us easily and find parking. We are in a small building complex, so unfortunately mapping sites and GPS do not get you all the way to our front door!
- WearYour massage therapist will use a very gentle massage cream or oil (she’ll clear this with you first), so you may want to wear clothes you won’t worry about afterwards and that can be washed easily.
You will undress privately in the room and there are hangers and a shelf for your clothes. You may leave your bottom undergarment on or off, whichever way you are most comfortable.
You will always be draped with a sheet and light blanket, and the therapist will be sure all sensitive areas remain covered at all times. She will move the covering to expose only the areas on which she is working at the time.
- Its All About You, BabyPressure, temperature, support pillows, sensitive areas… massage therapy is not one-size-fits-all. We count on you to let us know your preferences, and to let us know if something is not working for you at any time during your massage, speak up!
We are here to Bring You Comfort.
We are happy to make any adjustments needed and your participation will never be taken as criticism.
Have more questions? You are welcome to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.