The Mongan Method
HypnoBirthing® is a unique method of childbirth preparation utilizing partner-led deep relaxation, fear reduction, and powerful belief techniques, allowing women to use their natural instincts to bring about safer, easier, more comfortable birthing in a way that most mirrors nature.
The concept of HypnoBirthing® is both old and new — reflecting both a modern recognition of a strong body-mind connection and also the deep, ancient knowledge a female body naturally holds about how to give birth.
This method teaches us that in the absence of fear and tension, severe pain does not have to be an accompaniment of labor. These techniques are for everyone – whether you are planning to access pain medications or not. read more
Hypnosis is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration; a state of mind and body in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel, and the choices we make. It can actually control pain. There is no magic to achieving success with self-hypnosis. Almost anyone who chooses, can reach deep relaxation and redirected focus.
HypnoBirthing® classes include:
- How your body is naturally designed to work in harmony with the birth process.
- Relaxation, guided imagery and self-hypnosis techniques to replace fear and tension with confidence, relaxation, and comfort.
- Specific deep breathing and massage techniques proven to reduce pain.
- How to create and control your body’s own natural anesthesia.
- The importance of bonding with your unborn baby and how it affects your birth, and your baby’s emotional health and well-being.
- The importance of creating a birthing environment that is calm, serene, and joyful rather than tense and stressful.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world instead of hard physical pushing that can cause pelvic floor dysfunction and maternal exhaustion.
- How your core beliefs and experiences affect your labor.
- How self-hypnosis works.
- You will experience your birthing in an atmosphere of calm and relaxation, without fear and tension that cause pain. Your body’s natural anesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that create pain.
HypnoBirthing® prepares you and your partner for your labor with a strong foundation of understanding how to work with your mind/body to know exactly what you need to do during your baby’s birth.
Affiliated with the HypnoBirthing® Institute. For more info about HypnoBirthing® style childbirth preparation, please see www.Hypnobirthing.com.
We recommend scheduling this class to end by 30-34 weeks of gestation, to allow time to incorporate what you gain into your birth preparations, reduce anxiety, practice, and positively influence your birth mindset.
- Upcoming Class Schedule For HypnoBirthing®
Advance Registration is Required
1 Spot = 1 Mom or Couple
Day Date Time Instructor
Register Tuesdays 8/6 - 9/3 6:30 - 9:00 pm Tawny Knight 5 Register Tuesdays 11/5 - 12/10
6:30 - 9:00 pm Tawny Knight 8 Register
More Dates & Wait Lists: Add your interest and availability to be contacted about new dates or cancellation openings
- Class Format
5 weeks, 2.5 hours each week.
$350 per mom or couple
10% discount with Prenatal Basics Package.
Class fee includes HypnoBirthing® book, Rainbow Relaxation CD and all other materials.
couples to allow for optimal interaction with the material and other participants.
- Cancellation Policy
Click here to read our cancellation policies.