Birth Doula Training
Interested in starting or enhancing your career as a birth doula? Harmony is pleased to offer this comprehensive, evidence-based, CAPPA-approved birth doula training. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. This workshop is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge and perspectives on professional labor support. This 18-hour workshop meets the first requirement to become a certified labor doula through CAPPA.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
- CAPPA certification and policies
- Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
- Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
- Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
- Support for every stage of labor and birth
- Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
- Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
- Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
- Cesarean and VBAC support
- Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
- Breastfeeding initiation and support
- Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
- And much more!
About the Instructor
Megan has had the pleasure of supporting expectant families through the joys and challenges of labor, delivery, and early parenting since 2000. She first entered the birth world by becoming a certified birth doula through DONA in 2001. She soon expanded her training and services to include prenatal yoga and, after the birth of her first child in 2003, she became a certified childbirth educator through CAPPA. In addition to her doula work and classes, Megan also trains new birth doulas as a member of the CAPPA faculty.http://balancedbirth.com
NOTE: Each student must be in attendance during the entirety of the training provided in order to receive a certificate of attendance for this training class.
$500 per person
$450 Early-Bird Discount
- Class Format
1 Weekend of Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Sunday 9am – 5pm
- Minimum and Maximum Enrollment
minimum| 3 people
maximum| 20 people
- Cancellation Policy
Click here to read our cancellation policies.
|Fridays||11/13 - 11/15||9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Megan Bunch||20||Register|