Your Positive Birth Begins Here
The GentleBirth® Workshop is a weekend immersion class that focuses on birth preparation for the biggest day of your life. Our focus is on preparing you for the most positive birth possible – no matter what happens on the big day.
We offer expectant moms and partners easy to learn, science based “brain training” techniques including, Mindfulness, CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), sports psychology, and medical hypnosis.
GentleBirth® focuses on 3 core areas for the most positive birth possible.
- Brain Training for Birth and Beyond
- Physical Comfort Strategies for Birth
- Navigating your way through the system
Brain Training: CBT promotes positive mental health and reduces anxiety and depression during pregnancy and after baby arrives. Research also shows that mindfulness can reduce the risk of PPD. With a little help from neuroscience you’re physically changing the structure of your brain and the results will change the way you react to stress forever.
Physical Comfort Strategies: You will learn physical comfort strategies used by doulas and midwives for the best birth possible. You will have tools to keep you calm, confident, and in control before, during, and after your baby arrives – including strategies to help your baby get in the optimal position and reduce the side affects of an epidural.
Understanding Your Options: A key area of our program is navigating and negotiating birth options so you and your partner feel informed and confident. 85% of GentleBirth® moms are not needing an epidural. You will be actively involved in decision making and will have a greater understanding of what choices are available to you in labor and birth.
Over the weekend you will learn the following and more:
- Physiology of the normal birth process
- Fear vs. Relaxation during birth – keeping adrenaline at bay
- CBT – challenging the “birth bullies”
- Sports psychology techniques for pregnancy and birth
- The neuroscience of a gentle birth – rewiring your brain from fear to confidence
- Facilitating the perfect balance of hormones in labor – undisturbed birth
- Breathing techniques
- Comfort measures for labor and birth (what you and your partner can do at each stage)
- Active birth including the use of a birth ball, peanut ball, and water immersion
- Routine procedures in hospitals and avoidable routine interventions
- What happens at hospital admission?
- Being a confident birth partner
- Labor support tools for special circumstances
- Creating effective birth preferences and how to communicate them
- Informed decision making
- Relaxation techniques for mom and partners for pregnancy and labor
- Medication in labor and how to optimize the epidural/span>
- Effective birth positions and learning how to push
- Recovery tips
During the workshop you will meet other expecting couples who are also excited about playing an active role in having a positive birth experience. You will also have ongoing support from our wonderful online private GentleBirth Moms group of over 2000 moms. You’ll both leave the workshop feeling excited and more confident.
Anytime after 20 weeks is a great time to attend the workshop.
$350 per mom or couple + 12.99 Materials Fee (See Materials Tab Below)
- Upcoming Class Schedule For GentleBirth
Advance Registration is Required
1 Spot = 1 Mom or Couple
No Schedule found for this workshop.
More Dates & Wait Lists: Add your interest and availability to be contacted about new dates or cancellation openings
Download the GentleBirth® App (full of downloadable MP3s and digital booklet) in advance from here.
- Class Format
Weekend workshop: Saturday and Sunday – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
couples to allow for optimal interaction with the material and other participants.
- Cancellation Policy
Click here to read our cancellation policies.